Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dining Room Table

It might not sound like much, but for us this is a huge milestone. This past weekend I sanded and applied a layer of Ship-N-Shore to the dining room table that Cory and my Dad built. Once the sealant was applied I felt much better about actually having a meal on it. Our friend recommended the product and I'm really happy that we went with it, especially with little kids we didn't want to run the risk of kids eating off of or by an old door with lead paint.

My hunt for deals and enlisting grunt labor support has really paid off for this project! I bought the chairs at a flee market for 20 dollars and with the sealer and bolts that rounds out this set to just under 50 for the table and 4 chairs!


 Close up shot of the legs. We found all this wood in the basement.
 To top it all off, we had some friends out and they helped toast to the first use our table!

No comments:

Post a Comment