Friday, April 19, 2013

Rug on the cheap

I was inspired by several posts on Pinterest on how to create a beautiful rug for the farmhouse. I searched through several options and combined some of the suggestions into this creation....

I found this cheap rug at Home Depot for $20.00. It is a 5X7 foot rug. Next step was to pick out a stencil  My biggest suggestion is go for a bigger stencil. This got really tough towards the end as it is so intricate. Then I picked up 2 cans of white spray paint.


the rug before

have to keep the sides of the stencil covered so that the spray paint does not go everywhere
 The finished product:
 After the white was done, I felt like it was missing something. So I went back and got a smaller stencil to lay on top of the white and add a pop of color. I love this blue and happened to have it on hand. Although not one of my best creations it is farmhouse workable. The entire project was under $30.00. One lady said it took her only a half an hour to spray paint her rug. I'd guess that mine was a 2 plus hour project. I think stencil choice is key. Overall, I'm pretty pleased how the rug turned out.


6 comments:

  1. I love it! I know it was a lot of work but it is so creative.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! Now I know what to do with my leftover orange paint. Thanks! I found you from Mama Kat's linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Good-looking job, and so inexpensive. Very impressive and glad you had a good experience. Visiting from MamaKat's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like the work paid off. Nice looking. (Does the paint wear well?) I think you're right that stencil size will dictate the difficulty and time the project actually takes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly amazing designs of various rugs in the post. 2022 Guide For Layering The Rug will also help full for you while setting up the home look or getting the perfect rug design.

    ReplyDelete