Monday, October 7, 2013

Furlough Days 1 and 2

So as I'm a federal employee who has not officially been working since noon on Tuesday (October 1st) I took it upon myself to get cracking on some DIY projects that needed some finishing. Cory and Chris (Cory's brother) made a linen closet several months ago when Chris was visiting by adding doors to a bookshelf and they also added some legs to make it stand out a little more. We eventually are going to put this in the bathroom.

Here is what it looked like with the doors attached. We found these doors at a resale hardware store, for $15 dollars. Cory bought the hinges and the little feet, so in total using the paint we already had the project was around $20 dollars.

I made some chalkboard paint by adding 1 tablespoon of grout (that we happened to have around) to 1 cup of latex paint. I had some extra so I made this sign for the bathroom.
 Here is the finished product


No comments:

Post a Comment